GRACE Awards
Please log in or register
GRACE Awards
Please log in or register
GRACE Awards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GRACE Awards

Grace Awards Reborn Community sponsored by GRACE on-line Magazine and Brighton Doll Festival. Global Reborn Artist Certificate of Excellence

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Don't click on the Ads - we have to put up with them because the forum is free - some may contain a virus and some are just not very nice at all - so stay safe...........
Brighton Doll Festival - 15th April 2012 - Brighton - UK - Book your Table now..........just ask Ceinwen for details
Workshops - groups or one to one - ask Lisa or Ceinwen for details........
Check out the Secret Sister and Wish List Categories - New for 2012
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Reborn baby Christopher!
How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 11:19 pm by vicky ogden

» my baby Adele
How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:34 am by Petro

» feet
How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 10:50 pm by vicky ogden

» new baby
How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:20 am by Emma1811

» How to make your own silicone baby
How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 3:00 am by cristinaheredia

» Christmas spirit!
How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:39 am by vicky ogden

» My reborn Bethany im doing
How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:37 am by vicky ogden

» No words
How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 3:07 am by cristinaheredia

» 10-12 ins baby clothes
How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 10:54 pm by maddy

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
free forum

How do you strip back

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
protarus1951
Admin Super Star
Admin Super Star
protarus1951

Birthday : 1951-05-28

How do you strip back  Empty
PostSubject: How do you strip back    How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:18 pm

I decided a while ago to strip back my Harry, I never liked his colouring and limbs, so I've got new limbs but need to strip back his head, I would ideally like to leave his hair on, as it was rooted nicely and a good mohair.
Anyntips and ideas would be most welcome

Hugs Doris
Back to top Go down
http://www.sanddancersbabies.webs.com/
sharonkoukla
twinkling star
twinkling star

Birthday : 1962-08-04

PostSubject: Re: How do you strip back    How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Morning Doris, Wow I don't envy you that job but if I were to do it I would try to keep the head as covered up as possible possibly with a small plastic bag and elastic bands on top to keep it on then I would try with acetone gently with cotton clothes to start stripping (the dolls head not you!) Could you not practice on the limbs that you are taking off?then before repainting I would gently wash to the hairline befor painting again. Something else are you using the halogen oven to reset the paint,well if you are I don't know how the mohair would react in the oven when you heatset. Would it be a good idea to use airdry paints on this one?I use them all the time and find them ok. I have just got a halogen oven to have a go with the genesis paints so it is all new to me.Good Luck Doris with this project I am sure it will turn out ok I hate it when you are not happy with a project, its called being a perfectionist! Let us know how it went. Have a great week Sharon I love you x
Back to top Go down
protarus1951
Admin Super Star
Admin Super Star
protarus1951

PostSubject: Re: How do you strip back    How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:51 pm

Thanks Sharon, I've stripped the paint back with acetone, it came off quite easlily, so need to wash, I had opened his nose up and backed it with some black ribbon....big mistake, inside the vinyl has stained black which you can see slightly from outside, so I now have oxy10 on the inside and outside to see if that will remove it. I have left the hair on, but may decide to take it off, it is a very light baby brown , so may change it now to dark brown, I really am not a lover of this sculpt, it was a freebie in a .Santa grab bag that I won, but will work on him.

Hugs Doris
Back to top Go down
protarus1951
Admin Super Star
Admin Super Star
protarus1951

PostSubject: Re: How do you strip back    How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:15 am

Here he is all stripped.
How do you strip back  Danielstrippedofpaint002
you can see the dark stain around his nose, that is from the inside off the black ribbon, but it didn't show up before I stripped him.... I hope to be able to cover it..

A couple of veins under the hair I would like to thin down a bit, might give that a try next.
hugs Doris
Back to top Go down
sharonkoukla
twinkling star
twinkling star

Birthday : 1962-08-04

PostSubject: Re: How do you strip back    How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi there Doris he is looking good,should be no problem to sort him out and the hair is lovely too. Sharon sunny x
Back to top Go down
Petro
Petro

Birthday : 1956-06-16

PostSubject: Re: How do you strip back    How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:39 pm

You have done a good job Doris. I went for a class on how to paint a reborn about 2 years ago. Black felt was put behind the nose. He never had hair and someone else did the rooting for me. I discovered about 3 months ago that around the nose it became very black. Could it be that the felt got wet.
Back to top Go down
protarus1951
Admin Super Star
Admin Super Star
protarus1951

PostSubject: Re: How do you strip back    How do you strip back  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:13 pm

I would never put anything black behind the nose ever again, in fact I think i have only opened up about four of my babies noses, I wonder how they are doing?

I am retrying to neutralise the vinyl, it is very orangey, so far he has ad four blue/green mix washes, and doesn't look that much difference, also if you look close at the photo, the tip of his nose still has some colour on, I didn't notice this, the camera picked it up, so will strip that back again.

I put him in the halogen oven with a dampened pop sock covering his hair, I'm trying to take the colour up as far as to the hairline possible , hope it works.

Hugs Doris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you strip back    How do you strip back  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you strip back
Page 1 of 1