GRACE Awards
Please log in or register
GRACE Awards
Please log in or register
GRACE Awards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GRACE Awards

Grace Awards Reborn Community sponsored by GRACE on-line Magazine and Brighton Doll Festival. Global Reborn Artist Certificate of Excellence

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Don't click on the Ads - we have to put up with them because the forum is free - some may contain a virus and some are just not very nice at all - so stay safe...........
Brighton Doll Festival - 15th April 2012 - Brighton - UK - Book your Table now..........just ask Ceinwen for details
Workshops - groups or one to one - ask Lisa or Ceinwen for details........
Check out the Secret Sister and Wish List Categories - New for 2012
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Reborn baby Christopher!
Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 11:19 pm by vicky ogden

» my baby Adele
Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:34 am by Petro

» feet
Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 10:50 pm by vicky ogden

» new baby
Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:20 am by Emma1811

» How to make your own silicone baby
Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 3:00 am by cristinaheredia

» Christmas spirit!
Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:39 am by vicky ogden

» My reborn Bethany im doing
Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:37 am by vicky ogden

» No words
Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 3:07 am by cristinaheredia

» 10-12 ins baby clothes
Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 10:54 pm by maddy

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
free forum

Filling the bodies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
protarus1951
Admin Super Star
Admin Super Star
protarus1951

Birthday : 1951-05-28

Filling the bodies Empty
PostSubject: Filling the bodies   Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 11:35 am

Just wondering how you other ladies fill the body of your babies.
I have at last assembled my latest baby, hooray, but not happy with the shoulders and the top of body, I think I may have over stuffed the top of the arms and not enough in the top around the neck of the body itself...when I have it dressed the top of the arms seem to bulge....grrr.

Hugs Doris

Back to top Go down
http://www.sanddancersbabies.webs.com/
vicky ogden
super nova star
super nova star
vicky ogden

Birthday : 1961-07-14

Filling the bodies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filling the bodies   Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:25 am

Hi Doris, it sounds that maybe youve over filled the arms, proberbly?
In the body i put fibre fill at the bottom, then pouch with polly pellets then fiber fill around and some on top, then when near shoulders i put a small pouch of polly pellets again, surround with fibre fill and fit neck on, im not sure if thats how everyone does it, but that works for me. In the arms i just put fibre fill in but not over fill, i think if i remember right, but its a few months since i did one, so not sure if i put a small pouch of pellets in too.

I normally use fibre fill and polly pellets, and steel shot to weight reborn, anyone got any more ideas, has i find if you want to put a good weight on, it ends up expensive, i know some use sand, but id be scared of it busting, crushed glass seems to be used more too now, and i think once i read rice? would apprieciate any tips here.

Doris i hope you get more help, like i said this works for me, but tips from others too will be helpful to know.........luv Vicky xxxxxxxx Smile
Back to top Go down
protarus1951
Admin Super Star
Admin Super Star
protarus1951

Filling the bodies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filling the bodies   Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:16 am

I use the glass granuels and I use the baby fat pellets, which are lovely and squiggy, plus the heavy virgin fibre fill. The arms are I think are made too wide on this body, it would have worked better with a size down arms, does that make sense. I will remove the arms and see if I can reduce the fabric, not sure if I can though, as the joints are really tight and don't know how to remove them. Any suggestions please.....

hugs Doris
Back to top Go down
cristinaheredia
super nova star
super nova star
cristinaheredia

Birthday : 1955-06-26

Filling the bodies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filling the bodies   Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 3:16 am

Yes I think if you cut the cable ties but be very careful with the arms. Then you can reduce the fabric a little and replace the cable ties but I wouldn´t touch the joint discs as they are very difficult to replace.

I do as Vicky told you only I use to make a fabric sac for the weight.
Tell us what you do. Filling the bodies 615503 Filling the bodies 615503 Filling the bodies 615503
Back to top Go down
http://www.cristinaherediabebes.com
Angelic Inspirations
super nova star
super nova star
Angelic Inspirations

Birthday : 1952-11-28

Filling the bodies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filling the bodies   Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:02 am

Doris you won't be able to remove the disc joints without damaging the body. I know I used to make my own. Maybe if you sew a little tuck in the fabric it will make the arm smaller. I can remember having one like this years ago and it looked like a wrestler LOL. I had to buy another body.

I fill my body (well the dolls not mine LOL) with heavy weight fibre fill in the bottom and then a pouch of steel balls surrounded by the fibre fill. I try and get the pouch to sit in the bum area. On top of that I just fill to the neck with fibre fill. I usually hold the head on (when it's weighted) nipping the body material round the neck with my fingers to make sure the head will be floppy. I sometimes use a spare tie wrap and put the head on just to see how it sits and if I'm not satisfied I cut the tie wrap and add a little more fibre fill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelicinspirations
iekie
super nova star
super nova star
iekie

Birthday : 1951-04-22

Filling the bodies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filling the bodies   Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:26 am

I do it the same way as Barbara.
I've had several bodies with huge fabric arms and i sew them by hand, it's not difficult at all.
Filling the body and limbs i use minerals, and for me that's just fine !
Back to top Go down
http://www.frisianreborndolls.nl
Angelic Inspirations
super nova star
super nova star
Angelic Inspirations

Birthday : 1952-11-28

Filling the bodies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filling the bodies   Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:32 am

I use flight pop socks instead of ordinary pop socks they are a lot thicker. A bit more expensive but worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelicinspirations
protarus1951
Admin Super Star
Admin Super Star
protarus1951

Filling the bodies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filling the bodies   Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:38 am

I will take the arms apart and see if I can reduce the width, this baby does look like a wrestler or body builder.... I used tubular bandage for the pouch which I put the glass beads in. First time doing this but I like it.

hugs Doris
Back to top Go down
vicky ogden
super nova star
super nova star
vicky ogden

Birthday : 1961-07-14

Filling the bodies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filling the bodies   Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 6:06 am

I think i will try the glass beads at some point, and maybe minerals too, if theyve worked well for Iekie, i have confidence in your advise, thankyou. Smile do you have to put in stronger pouches Iekie?

I do use pop socks to make pouches, never thought of using the flight ones for extra strength Barbara, thanks. Smile

hugs to all Vicky xxxxxxx

Back to top Go down
iekie
super nova star
super nova star
iekie

Birthday : 1951-04-22

Filling the bodies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filling the bodies   Filling the bodies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:47 am

I use panty socks and it's perfect Vicky !
Back to top Go down
http://www.frisianreborndolls.nl
Sponsored content

Filling the bodies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filling the bodies   Filling the bodies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Filling the bodies
Page 1 of 1