GRACE Awards
Please log in or register
GRACE Awards
Please log in or register
GRACE Awards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GRACE Awards

Grace Awards Reborn Community sponsored by GRACE on-line Magazine and Brighton Doll Festival. Global Reborn Artist Certificate of Excellence

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Don't click on the Ads - we have to put up with them because the forum is free - some may contain a virus and some are just not very nice at all - so stay safe...........
Brighton Doll Festival - 15th April 2012 - Brighton - UK - Book your Table now..........just ask Ceinwen for details
Workshops - groups or one to one - ask Lisa or Ceinwen for details........
Check out the Secret Sister and Wish List Categories - New for 2012
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Reborn baby Christopher!
Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 11:19 pm by vicky ogden

» my baby Adele
Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:34 am by Petro

» feet
Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 10:50 pm by vicky ogden

» new baby
Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:20 am by Emma1811

» How to make your own silicone baby
Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 3:00 am by cristinaheredia

» Christmas spirit!
Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:39 am by vicky ogden

» My reborn Bethany im doing
Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:37 am by vicky ogden

» No words
Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 3:07 am by cristinaheredia

» 10-12 ins baby clothes
Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 10:54 pm by maddy

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
free forum

Would reborn artists mind....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
newmoor barn
distant star
distant star
newmoor barn

Would reborn artists mind.... Empty
PostSubject: Would reborn artists mind....   Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi Guys

I wanted to test the ground on whether reborn artists would mind if about 5mm at the rooting end of their mohair was undyed.

I know this is the end that is rooted into the head and therfore would be seen but i wanted to see how people would feel about using it.

The reason I ask is that as we are constantly trying to keep our mohair at a good price but not effecting the quality and i am currently looking at alternative ways of dying the hair for this particular purpose. There is another way i could dye our mohair but it would leave about 5mm at the rooting end un dyed.

I thought you ladies would be the best people to ask. If you have any thoughts please let me know, or maybe if you have used some dyed like this previously.

Thanks

Amanda
Back to top Go down
http://www.newmoorbarn.com
iekie
super nova star
super nova star
iekie

Birthday : 1951-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Would reborn artists mind....   Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:53 am

I think i would cut it of, because the mohair is moving all the time when i'm rooting.
So there is a big chance that you see the undyed pieces as well.
And the hair i put into thead, often goes folded......
Don't know what the other ladies will say....
Back to top Go down
http://www.frisianreborndolls.nl
ceinwen
Admin Super Star
Admin Super Star
ceinwen

Birthday : 1951-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Would reborn artists mind....   Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:01 pm

I root from the end so always cut it to get straight edge so it wouldn't bother me but I know a lotmof people do root from the middle so wouldn't care for it
Back to top Go down
http://www.brightondollfestival.co.uk
newmoor barn
distant star
distant star
newmoor barn

PostSubject: Re: Would reborn artists mind....   Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:06 pm

thanks for your advice i don't think i will go down this dying root (pardon the pun).
Ax
Back to top Go down
http://www.newmoorbarn.com
protarus1951
Admin Super Star
Admin Super Star
protarus1951

Birthday : 1951-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Would reborn artists mind....   Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:44 pm

I root from the cut end, so white line wouldn't really bother me, I know I bought mohair from Debbie Henshaw or They Never Grow Up Nursery, and she had the white in the middle had never seen mohair like this before And wrote to her saying I didn't like it, as I rooted from the end, she replyed saying that most people rooted from the middle and that the white dissapeared inside of the head, she offered to replace it but asked me first to give it a try, I did, and was glad about that, however now Debbie has the white at the cut end now, which is easily cut off and you can still root from the middle if required.

Back to top Go down
http://www.sanddancersbabies.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would reborn artists mind....   Would reborn artists mind.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would reborn artists mind....
Page 1 of 1