GRACE Awards
Please log in or register
GRACE Awards
Please log in or register
GRACE Awards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GRACE Awards

Grace Awards Reborn Community sponsored by GRACE on-line Magazine and Brighton Doll Festival. Global Reborn Artist Certificate of Excellence

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Don't click on the Ads - we have to put up with them because the forum is free - some may contain a virus and some are just not very nice at all - so stay safe...........
Brighton Doll Festival - 15th April 2012 - Brighton - UK - Book your Table now..........just ask Ceinwen for details
Workshops - groups or one to one - ask Lisa or Ceinwen for details........
Check out the Secret Sister and Wish List Categories - New for 2012
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Reborn baby Christopher!
can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 11:19 pm by vicky ogden

» my baby Adele
can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:34 am by Petro

» feet
can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 10:50 pm by vicky ogden

» new baby
can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:20 am by Emma1811

» How to make your own silicone baby
can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 3:00 am by cristinaheredia

» Christmas spirit!
can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:39 am by vicky ogden

» My reborn Bethany im doing
can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:37 am by vicky ogden

» No words
can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 3:07 am by cristinaheredia

» 10-12 ins baby clothes
can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 10:54 pm by maddy

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
free forum

can anyone help with adding more paint

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vicky ogden
super nova star
super nova star
vicky ogden

Birthday : 1961-07-14

can anyone help with adding more paint Empty
PostSubject: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi to all, I was wondering if i could add some more detail onto my reborn once i have put air dry matt sealer over to finish off, Question
Ive never done this before, so im not sure if i do add more if it would stay on, or if it would rub off,
i want to put a liitle work on the eyebrow, although at moment they look like bearly there, but i think it might be better with a more little hairs, i much appreciate your help and advice if anyone out there knows the answer, Thankyou vicky x x
Back to top Go down
vicky ogden
super nova star
super nova star
vicky ogden

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:11 pm

So sorry thing ive put this in wrong topic area, silly me, Embarassed

I will get it right one day! think it should be with help topics luv vicky xx
Back to top Go down
ceinwen
Admin Super Star
Admin Super Star
ceinwen

Birthday : 1951-03-02

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:44 pm

I don't see why you can't paint on top of the matte varnish, it will stand heating again after you finish the eyebrows, the only problem might be if the surface is a little rough you may have trouble getting eyebrows neat
Back to top Go down
http://www.brightondollfestival.co.uk
protarus1951
Admin Super Star
Admin Super Star
protarus1951

Birthday : 1951-05-28

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:10 am

I've painted after doing the seal and it was fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sanddancersbabies.webs.com/
vicky ogden
super nova star
super nova star
vicky ogden

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:43 am

Thankyou to Ceinwen and Doris, i will give it a try, i have a old dolls head in my cupboeard whats been sealed so think i will try out on that and see result, thankyou somuch iwill take on board what you have both said,

much appreciated Vicky xx
Back to top Go down
284fastcat
distant star
distant star

Birthday : 1957-04-11

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:32 am

im not sure if im putting this in the right place but does anyone use jo sonjas air dry paints? ive heard good reports about them and i have bought some,along with the sealer etc. i am using a medium to mix with the paints but im not sure how much to add or how much water to add. can anyone help? thanks Very Happy .......oh nearly forgot,after prep sealing my kit,is it best to do a flesh coat or veins?
Back to top Go down
vicky ogden
super nova star
super nova star
vicky ogden

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi there,

I use airdry sometimes or genesis heat set paints, but i do like using airdry, ive heard that the jo sonjas air dry paints are good for reborning although i havent used them myself,

When using airdry paints you have to keep it thin and transparent, roughly 1 part paint to 7 - 10 part water, and using a glass dish will help you see if transparent with hint of colour, doing many layers until you get the result you want. some people use thinners, you have to do what you feel works best for you and what you can work best with.

i do my viens 1st before flesh,

i think everyone follows the guide lines but you will find your own way what works for you,
Hope someone else replys to you soon, as they may give you some more advice too,
there is lots of info too out there, luv vicky
Back to top Go down
iekie
super nova star
super nova star
iekie

Birthday : 1951-04-22

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:49 am

It does not matter when you do the veins first or the basis layers, it's very hard to get the blue off again. I always put a tip of green through the phtalo blue, it looks much more like the vein colour...
Back to top Go down
http://www.frisianreborndolls.nl
284fastcat
distant star
distant star

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:44 pm

sorry its taken so long to get back to u,been working etc. thanks all who replied. i have done some layers,flesh layers,yellow mottle,blue mottle and i dont think its too bad,but i have done the lips in what i thought was a nice pinky colour but im not happy as i think they look a little bit"too painted on"" Sad can i take the lips off with acetone[carefully?] any tips for doing lips as i think they are very hard.......oh can i just add that some of my layers have been a pain,the paint seemed to go chalky. does this mean my paint was too thick? this reborning lark isnt as easy as it looks on the tutorials and my eyes went funny with concentrating on the veins....i went cross eyed lol What a Face
Back to top Go down
iekie
super nova star
super nova star
iekie

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:08 pm

I always use the burgundy paint for the lips and later on with a tip of brown in the burgundy.
I also use the burgundy for the nails.
When the paint get chalky, perhaps you have a bit to much of matt varnish in it ?
Back to top Go down
protarus1951
Admin Super Star
Admin Super Star
protarus1951

Birthday : 1951-05-28

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:17 pm

If your layers have gone chalky, your paint has been too thick, you could have pounced it more and when it has dried before heating brush it over with a thick mop brush.
I paint my lips in stages, i start with the nail tip colour and do very thin vertical stripes, always start in the middle of the mouth and brush from the inside of the lip outwards, then blot with a make up sponge, then i add stripes of the lip colour and blot. I continue doing this then i do a few deeper coloured stripes, keep blotting between layers, i then give a couple of layers of the lip colour all over the top of the previous layers. Hope this makes sense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sanddancersbabies.webs.com/
iekie
super nova star
super nova star
iekie

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 9:16 am

It does to me, but do you also use air dry paints, Doris ?
Back to top Go down
284fastcat
distant star
distant star

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 3:55 am

yes i use jo sonjas paints.the acetone seems to have left a few sticky places so i will need to go over them again. will any paint stripper remove the paint as acetone is so expensive for a small bottle. maybe i am not buying it from the right shop? thanks for your help and hopefully i will succeed Embarassed bye for now.....pauline
Back to top Go down
iekie
super nova star
super nova star
iekie

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:40 am

You can use nail polish remover too, that's what i do.
You do have to give the reborn a good wash before you start painting again, or else the limbs can get very shiny.
I always put mine in the washing machine in a pillowcase, several kits at the time....
Back to top Go down
284fastcat
distant star
distant star

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:30 pm

oohhh i never would have thought about doing that...thanks so much Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can anyone help with adding more paint   can anyone help with adding more paint I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can anyone help with adding more paint
Page 1 of 1